Cheddar Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cold butter
- 1 cup sharp or medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tray.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a medium bowl except for the sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in butter. Stir in cheeses and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Add milk and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened, do not overmix.
- Pour into the prepared muffin tray and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 4 days.