- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (homemade or Panko)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, finely grated (or grated parmesan)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir bread crumbs and milk together and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, cheese, oregano, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add the ground meat and use a fork or your fingers to gently mix everything until combined. (For the most tender meatballs, try not to over mix.)
- Wet your hands and then form the mixture into 1/2 inch balls. (About 35 meatballs.)
- Place meatballs on prepared baking pan spaced a little apart. Brush or spray each meatball with oil.
- Bake until cooked through. Internal temperature should be 165°F. (Approximately 20 minutes.)