- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (2 tsp instant yeast)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water or milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- Marinara sauce or pizza sauce, as needed + to apply on top
- 250g fresh mozzarella cheese (Or whatever you have on hand. I used marble.) + salt + pepper + parsley
- In a bowl, combine the water, sugar and yeast. If using active dry yeast, let the mixture bubble and foam before proceeding (3-5 minutes). If using instant yeast, proceed with the recipe (no need to activate the yeast).
- Add the flour, salt and melted butter or olive oil. Stir to mix the dough until smooth, about 3-5 min.
- Cover with a towel or lightly greased plastic wrap and let the dough rise until doubled. About an hour, depending on the warmth of your kitchen.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface. Shape the dough into a ball. Roll the dough into a thin rectangle shape.
- Cut into 6 strips.
- Spread pizza sauce on the middle of each but leave a half inch around the edge.
- Add the mozzarella seasoned with salt, pepper and parsley on top of the sauce down the center of each strip.
- Pinch the dough between the cheese as pictured above.
- Place on a parchment covered baking pan. Cover while preheating oven to 450°F for 15 min.
- Brush the strips with pizza sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 - 20 minutes.