Simple Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry mixture.
- Roll little balls in the palm of your hand and slightly flatten. Dip the tops in sugar and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. *Note: you can also add chocolate chips to the batter instead of dipping in sugar or sprinkles. (Or add nothing till the cookies are cooled and add icing.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (8 min is perfect!) Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack or parchment.
*Store in an airtight container.