- 1/2 box spaghetti
- sea salt
- 4 - 6 slices bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Get a large pot of salted water ready and turn the burner on high. Wait until the bacon is halfway cooked then add the spaghetti into the boiling pasta water and stir.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until the fat has mostly rendered, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the green onion and garlic. Let both cook until the onion is tender.
- Ladle 2 cups pasta water into the skillet with the bacon and onion, bring to a rapid boil, and quickly reduce the sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/4 cup hot pasta water.
- When the sauce has reduced by about half and the spaghetti is al dente, scoop the pasta into the sauce with tongs. Add the chopped parsley, pepper, and salt to taste. Toss the pasta until it is coated in the sauce.
- Mix in the eggs and water mixture, stirring until creamy. Toss the pasta with the grated cheese, and serve immediately.